Thursday, March 18, 2010

We're Doing It Backwards


Before every outcome, there's an answer... before every answer, there's a question. Therefore, shouldn't we be asking more questions? No matter what has happened to us in the past, or what will happen in the future, a question has been asked along the way. Unfortunately, most questions we ask are negative and fear based.

"Why me?"

"Why can't I?"

"When will I stop?"

The key is asking empowering questions that will evoke thoughtful, positive answers. Every question we ask instantly begins a chain reaction and a need for our mind to have to find the answer. Consequently, we have the ability to attain any positive future we want... simply by asking the correct type of questions.

"How will I become healthier?"

"What can I do right now that will help my schoolwork?"

"What will it take for me to perform my best under pressure?"

Every answer to the above questions will have specific purpose, helping us take the appropriate actions that will draw us closer to our goals. We tend to live our days trying to find answers, rather than looking for questions that will evoke the answers we need. Conceptually, this is simple... unfortunately, we've created the mindset that searches for outcomes first, ignoring the process that leads to the outcome.

What questions should you be asking yourself that will elicit positive, powerful answers?

Empowering questions = Positive answers = Desired future.

3 comments:

Azia said...

i think we all need to be reminded of this sometimes....

thank yoU!!!

Bendigo said...

Good timing on this one Thank you..

What can I do right now to improve my position at work?

What can I do to help my child succeed in 6th grade?

What can I do NOW to be a better husband?

Awesome Awesome Awesome!

Retta said...

"What questions should you be asking yourself that will elicit positive, powerful answers?"

I liked this post a lot!

In the art world, we are taught to ask: what if?

And then play with the answers that bubble up... it opens up all kinds of possibilities, and sparks new ideas.

Loretta
=^..^=