Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Why You?



Here’s the future 1% Success Story of Zack Okong’o. We’ll be working together soon, helping him turn this dream into a reality.

I'm 18 years old, and a basketball player from Kenya. I'm still in high school entering my last year this September, and want to get to college in the US. I did trial SATs and did very well. I have universities interested, which has helped muster some confidence that next year I might get into a program.

I do have some problems, though - I'm filled with profound self-doubt as a person and in my skills. Despite all the hard work I relentlessly put in, I'm constantly frustrated. The lack of belief in myself has resulted in the premeditation of failure. I don't always quite put all the effort I can when playing major games because I'm afraid of failing. Everyday, however, I dream of playing pro ball. I just wanna play this game at a high level ... no joke ... I'm willing to die for it!

I'm constantly searching for motivation everywhere I can lay my hands on - from pple like you, Eric Thomas, Giavanni Ruffin, and others. I'm constantly reading books to keep me going, and I'm on YouTube looking at drills I can use to get better. I'm also studying the greats who have made it in the NBA. I WANT THIS SO BAD, COACH! Why cant I be the among the greats? I just need help learning to believe in myself, and all the hard work I've put in. It's what has gotten me to where I am now.

This year, I made the National team and will be going down to South Africa for an NBA camp. I got selected after being so disappointed last year when I wasn't even among the last of the players to be considered. I dreamed about it and prayed over it after last year's disappointment ... and got in. God is Great!!

I need some mental training, learning to trust myself, and my skills. I know I have what it takes - I just need some help getting there. I'm on my way out of this self-doubt jail and to free myself of it. I know I will!

Thanks coach ... very much.

No comments: