Thursday, May 13, 2010

Life Doesn't Wait

If you want it, go get it... NOW!

Too many talk... not enough do. Life doesn't wait for us to "make our move," so if we snooze, we will definitely lose.


If we take our time, hoping to make everything perfect first... our time will fade - it'll slowly disappear into the darkness of our fears and doubts. When we see that opening, take it! Take it now with unwavering faith that it's what we're supposed to do. Make up our mind that it's what we should be doing... what we're meant to do.

Take the risk, ask for adversity, hope for difficult times, and be ready to fight back with all we have! If we can sincerely say we're ready to punch back, no matter what the obstacle... we'll achieve anything. 

Make the decision to take action... then freakin' take it! No excuses, no whining, no what-ifs!

Life doesn't wait - it doesn't care if we Do or not... it simply leaves us behind.

What would you like to do, but maybe too afraid - too scared to do what really needs to be done? 
  • "I'd make that change, but that would mean I'd have to...."
  • "I'd really love to... but that means I'd need..."
  • "Achieving that would result in having to stop doing... and begin doing..."
What excuses are you making? What fears and doubts are you allowing to dominate your thinking, which is affecting your actions? 

Life doesn't wait - it doesn't care if we Do or not... it simply leaves us behind.

What will it take to finally get off the couch and make It happen? No one can make you find the drive and passion... it's all on you. No one can pick you up when you trip over the unseen bump in your path... it's all on you. Only you can bust open the door that just slammed in your face. They always say, "When one door closes, another one opens." I hate that saying. I'd prefer to take my right foot and destroy that door into a thousand little splinters before looking for "another door!"

How about you? You going to kick that door down, or let life pass you by?








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?" I saw this quote at my childs school and thought it was powerful. What are we missing because of fear?

Great post.

Dayne Gingrich said...

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!

When I sat down and consciously thought of the things I've missed out on due to fear... life-changer.

But in order to REALLY do something about it, we must care enough about what we've missed (or will eventually miss).

Olivia said...

Dayne - Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! :) While I may not always comment on yours, I almost always read it. I also forward it to several friends a few times a week. Thanks so much for motivating and inspiring me.

Speaking of not letting life pass you by, yesterday I tried open water swimming for the first time! What an adventure! :)

Thanks,
Olivia

Certifiably Fit said...

I'm so glad I happened to wonder over here from another blog. I really found this post inspirational. Like what I see so now I'm following you. Look forward to reading your blog in the future.

If you get a chance swing by my blog and say hello.

California Keys said...

This is very true.... Things get done by doing them....

Dinner won't magically get cooked....

The room won't clean itself....