Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Two Favorite Words

(No, not THOSE two ~ this is a family blog!)

It doesn't matter if you're an athlete, a business owner, someone who hates athletics, or someone who dislikes business owners... you, too, are invited to love these two words:

Now what?! 

These simple words are my favorite because they're so powerful, and create massive action in our lives. The old saying is true: "It's not what happens to us that matters, it's what we do about it." Now what is how I choose to get my butt in gear when life takes a curve, or simply pauses for a second. Such a basic question, yet so life changing if practiced every day.

Now what?!

Try it - - I dare you! It works for everything, and allows you to find any answer you're in need of finding. In order to find the solution to anything, a question must be asked... but instead of making that question, "why me..." make it "now what!"

I remind my students on a daily basis (yeah, I know~ you're all sick of it) that it's not pressure that makes us fall apart, or rise to the occasion during competition... it's how we react to said pressure. Do we focus on the "what-ifs," or do we choose to look at the opportunity that's in front of us?

Don't blow it! vs. Now what!

You choose...


1 comment:

Adam said...

This is what I love about Buddhism. It doesn't concern itself with "how" we got here, just that we are here, and we have to deal with it.