Saturday, April 24, 2010

Are You Immersed?

I was recently talking to someone about the work I do, trying to explain in detail, when she came up with the perfect definition... she titled me an 'immersion coach.' When I thought about it, she made sense. I help people get immersed in the process of whatever they're trying to accomplish... and attempt to keep them immersed in that journey through the inevitable ups and downs. Kinda cool, when you think about it that way.

So... are you immersed in your process? If not, why? If so, what will it take for you to stay totally committed through the difficult days?

Becoming completely wrapped-up in the wonderful (sometimes painful) walk to the "next level" is critical, don't you think? When I look back at the things I've accomplished, they've only taken shape when I became 100% focused on reaching that goal... no matter how long or how many different directions it took. Conversely, when I glance at the rear view mirror and look at the road of my incompletions, it's so obvious the reason I failed to achieve was due to the lack of immersion.

Does this intense concentration come from passion? Is it born from the willingness to never give up, whether we're in love with the journey or not? Yes. And yes. Sometimes, immense passion is the absolute key to success, where other times it can come from old fashion grit and heart. Either way, becoming engrossed in the development of our chosen path is crucial to it's finish.

"Wanting, hoping, or thinking about how nice it would be if..." just isn't enough, and won't ever push us far enough. We must make a conscious, committed, and unwavering decision to do whatever it takes to accomplish our goals.


  • Sure, it would be awesome to play professional sports, but do I truly have what it takes, mentally and emotionally... and will I immerse myself in the long, difficult journey of such a goal? 
  • To be able to shed this extra weight (5-150 lbs... doesn't matter) would be a dream, and would change my life! Will I sacrifice my old habits, create new ones, and totally commit to whatever it takes... no matter the mental and physical pain?
Whatever you choose, make it who you become... not what you do! Accomplish this, and you'll definitely be on your way to success!




2 comments:

Retta said...

I like that way of looking at it... being immersed. Just yesterday I was trying to explain to someone who is struggling to lose weight, and who is on-again off-again, as to WHY doing a blog has helped me so much.

Since my own commitment was to do it daily, it has caused me to be focused, and tune in, and not procrastinate, stall til "next Monday", and hide out. It has caused me to be "immersed" in it. To become it, not just do it sometimes.

I like that!
Loretta
=^..^=

Dayne Gingrich said...

Loretta,

I'm glad you're totally committed to your journey. By reading your blog, it's more than obvious that you're super serious... and will definitely achieve!

Thanks for your comments, as always.